1. Entry Fees: $95.00 per head. Includes Judges A, B, C and Combination Score. (Judges A, B & C—$20—Points Only. Combination score—$35—Points & Prize) Online entry link available on Junior Steer Page via www.ntfair.com. Online entry deadline: August 15, 2017 Mail-in Entries will be accepted through August 10th. Preferred method of entry is online.
2. Late entries will also be accepted upon arrival. Late Fee: $10 per head. Exhibitors must be registered by 8:00am on show day.
3. Show one (1) time with three (3) judges plus combination score = 4 x the points.
4.SEE NEW JUNIOR SHOW FORMAT ON PAGE 10 OF EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
5. Blow & Show – No adhesives, glue, dyes or paint.
6. Exhibitors must check in at livestock office. Exhibitor packets are received at this time.
7. Steer Weigh-In will be Sat., Aug.19th—between 6am and 8am. It is the responsibility of each exhibitor to have their steer weighed in ON TIME. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and entry fees will not be reimbursed.
8. No outside bedding allowed. Shavings & pellets will be available for purchase on grounds.
9. Any breed substitutions may be made upon arrival.
10. There will not be a minimum or maximum weight limit.
11. There is no limit on the number of head an exhibitor may enter.
12. Not a terminal show.
13. Show order: American Breeds, British Breeds, Exotic Breeds - (standard TJLA Breed format)
14. Pre-Junior Mini Herefords with show in the regular Miniature Hereford Breed. SEE MINI HEREFORD PAGE FOR SPECIAL RULES
15. Judge A, B & C—Points Only
16. Combination Score—Points & Prizes
17. In case of a tie—The lead judge will determine the tie breaker.
18. Overall Grand Champion of the Combination Scores will receive $1,000 and trophy buckle. Overall Reserve Grand Champion of the Combination Scores will receive $500 and trophy buckle.
19. Breed Champions & Reserve Breed Champions will receive prizes.
20. All 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in each class will receive prizes.
21. Classes will be broken as numbers permit once all steers are weighed, (8:00am deadline). The Superintendent and show officials will break classes into as equal numbers and weight breaks as possible.
22. 1st & 2nd place steers, and other random steers will be subject to be weighed back. Any steer that weights 5% below or above their weigh-in weight will be disqualified from show, prizes and TJLA points