1. Entry Fees: $70.00 per head. Includes Judges A, B, C and Combination Score.
Online entry link available on Junior Hog Page via www.ntfair.com. Online entry deadline: August 15, 2018.
Mail-in Entries will be accepted through August 10th. Preferred method of entry is online.
2. Late entries will also be accepted upon arrival. Late Fee: $10 per head. Exhibitors must be registered by 2:30pm on show day.
3. Show one (1) time with three (3) judges, plus combination score = 4 x the points.
4. SEE NEW JUNIOR SHOW FORMAT ON PAGE 10 OF EXHIBITOR HANDBOOK
5. RESULTS WILL ALSO BE POSTED ON WEBSITE - HOG PAGE, SHOWING EACH JUDGES' PLACINGS. WWW.NTFAIR.COM
6. Exhibitors must check in at livestock office. Exhibitor packets are received at this time.
7. Weight Cards, Passes and Parking Stickers will be enclosed in packets. It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to have their weight card(s) turned into the livestock office on time. (2:30pm). Failure to do so will result in disqualification and entry fees will not be reimbursed.
8. Digital Scales will be set up for your use before weight cards are due.
9. No outside bedding allowed. Shavings & pellets will be available for purchase on grounds.
10. Any breed substitutions may be made upon arrival.
11. There will not be a minimum or maximum weight limit.
12. There is no limit on the number of head an exhibitor may enter.
13. Health Papers Required on Out of State Pigs Only.
14. Not a terminal show.
15. Show order:
- 1. Light OPB
- 2. Dark OPB
- 3. Duroc
- 4. Berkshire
- 5. Hampshire
- 6. Yorkshire
- 7. Crossbred
16. Judges A, B & C—Points Only. Combination Score—Points & Awards
17. In case of a tie—The lead judge will determine the tie breaker.
18. Overall Grand Champion of the Combination Scores will receive $500 and trophy buckle cup. Overall Reserve Grand Champion of the Combination Scores will receive $250 and trophy buckle cup. Breed Champions and Reserve Breed Champions will receive Yeti Laser Etched cups.
19. All 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each class will receive prizes.
20. Classes will be broken as numbers permit once all hogs are weighed, (2:00pm deadline). The Superintendent and show officials will break classes into as equal numbers and weight breaks as possible.
21. 1st & 2nd place hogs, and other random hogs will be subject to be weighed back. Any hog that weights 5lbs below or above their weigh-in weight will be disqualified from show, prizes, and TJLA points.