The North Texas State Fair’s Annual Youth Art Contest is underway! Entry is completely free and is open to children ages 5 through 18 years old.
The theme is “My Day at the Fair” and this should be reflected in your child’s artwork. This is very open-ended, but could include the carnival, ferris wheel, rodeo, rides, concerts, cowboys, cowgirls, rodeo queen, parade, livestock shows, and other attractions. We usually have enough space to display other pieces, as well, but they will not be eligible for any grand prize ribbons.
Art work is checked-in at the fairgrounds in the Commercial Exhibits Building (West Wing) from 4-6 pm on the Thursday prior to the fair start-date. The art will be displayed all week and the People’s Choice voting will be open from the 1st day of the fair through 7 p.m. on the last Friday of the fair. Artwork must be picked up on the Sunday following the fair from 2-2:30 p.m. in the Commercial Exhibits Building. Any artwork not picked up during the check-out period will be taken to Fair Office. However, we will not be held liable for it and cannot relay it’s whereabouts other than that; the art work will only be held for as long as the office can adequately make space for it.
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED:
- Thursday, August 15th, 4-6 p.m. in the Commercial Exhibits Building
- ENTRY FORM - complete and submit with entry.
- People's Choice Voting, Friday, August 16th through Friday, August 25th.
- Art Check-out is on Sunday, August, 26 from 2:00 - 2:30 p.m. in the Exhibits Building
- Painting (ex: watercolor, paints)
- Mixed Media (ex: Use of multiple art mediums, such as markers + paint, or glued items such as ribbon, buttons, yarn, foil, cotton)
- Drawing (ex: crayons, colored pencils, markers, pencil, charcoal pencil)
- Collage (ex: magazine cutouts, photo collages)
- Division 1: ages 5-6
- Division 2: ages 7-8
- Division 3: ages 9-10
- Division 4: ages 11-12
- Entries must be on paper sized 5"x7" up to 12"x18"
- Entries either be backed with light/medium yardstick or be composed on a light-to-medium weight card stock.
- Entries should relate to the North Texas Fair & Rodeo (A few examples are: "A Day at the Fair", rodeo, carnival rides/games, concerts, cowboys, cowgirls, livestock shows, contests, beauty pageant, rodeo queen, parade, Texas, etc.)
- No frames.
- No Canvas.
PRIZES & RIBBONS:
- All contestants will receive a ribbon.
- We will award a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbon for each Category in each Age Division.
- A Grand, and Reserve Grand will be awarded for each Age Division.
- Grand Overall Winner will be awarded a ribbon and prize.
- Reserve Grand Overall Winner will be awarded a ribbon and a prize.
- People's Choice Winner will be awarded a ribbon and a prize.
- Most art will be displayed in the Exhibit Hall all week during the fair and can be voted on for the People's Choice Award.
- The Chairman of this committee are Haleigh Harrison and Jordon Crider.
Any questions contact Haleigh Harrison at email@example.com